Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taylor-Hobson Cooke Series II Portrait Anastigmat 12.75" F/4.5 lens query

Re: Taylor-Hobson Cooke Series II Portrait Anastigmat 12.75" F/4.5 lens query

Oddly enough I’m in Los Angles as well and had the same issue with the same lens — same focal length even. I had the guy who runs the camera club here — who also does repairs from home — fix it, and it worked perfectly. This was a few years back, but I can check with him if you’d like.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    No.
    These lens deserve a proper clean - solvents will move grime elsewhere.

I think Ron’s advice is great if you are not confident about the servicing. The lens is very attractive as most on offer are the smaller 10.5” version, and the New owner will be glad to accept a minor fault.
    Would you suggest that eBay is the proper venue to sell the lens, or do you recommend another means of offering the lens for sale? I am very appreciative of your insight and assistance (hvis du forstår dansk, mange tak for hjælpen).

Would you suggest that eBay is the proper venue to sell the lens, or do you recommend another means of offering the lens for sale? I am very appreciative of your insight and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by michael_los_angeles_photo View Post
    Oddly enough I’m in Los Angles as well and had the same issue with the same lens — same focal length even. I had the guy who runs the camera club here — who also does repairs from home — fix it, and it worked perfectly. This was a few years back, but I can check with him if you’d like.
    Michael,

I'd be interested in his info if you have it and he is still arounf - I've got a Cooke II 13" that has a sticky aperture ring. PM me if you can.

Thank you.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

The repair is basically - screw apart, find the steel Ball, clean all surfaces, lightly Oil the contact surfaces , replace the Ball and screw back together.
    Perhaps an hour’s light work.

Here is the best place to sell things - as Long as the Price is realistic in these falling marketing times!

Have you Found post #10 here?

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...es-repair-info
    Last edited by Steven Tribe; 19-Jun-2020 at 04:37.

Just a small warning. The NOT a Cooke lens I fixed with advice had one really tiny screw locking the elements and needed to be removed FIRST

With my poor vision, I never saw it

But I was successful!

Use the big money grease
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    The repair is basically - screw apart, find the steel Ball, clean all surfaces, lightly Oil the contact surfaces , replace the Ball and screw back together.
    Perhaps an hour’s light work.

Here is the best place to sell things - as Long as the Price is realistic in these falling marketing times!

Have you Found post #10 here?

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...es-repair-info
    Fantastic! Thank you Steven.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy