Sandy: Reading your account makes me wonder to what extent stitching with a Sony is a hands-off process? If the camera can make the images and software stitch hands-off... then we have a process that approaches a scanner's "convenience". Tired of waiting on a scanner, I'm back to camera scanning - though with a Nikon D750 because I just don't enjoy digital shooting per se. Sold off the Sony.... and frankly that was easier at this with its 12X zoom manual focus. But seeking out a used Imacon or Howtek.... which are the other options (eventually) ain't on my list for now. I've not done stitching so far despite Mark's (luminous Landscape) encouraging articles years back, but I'm convinced it is the future as the scanning tech fades from development. I'm using Negative Solutions and Negative Lab Pro which force Lightroom (though I prefer Capture One), and digitizing is better than it used to be - especially with 35mm, and certainly quicker on a one-scan than my aging and much serviced and retrofitted Nikon LS8000. As a beginner with 4X5 these days, I guess scanning's the latest mod to my hybrid process.