I much admire the work of those who can design construct such items, as seen in recent postings. It's way out of my realm; I couldn't design a paper bag. However, it occurred to me as I stood before my Omega D2 the other day, that an entire box replacing the existing head might not be necessary. Could a VC light source be made that simply slides down into the round aluminum collar and sits on the diffuser, as the Aristo and Zone VI cold light heads do? It would need some kind of housing, like the cold lights, to hold whatever electronics are required for control and to block upwards light-spill, but wouldn't this simplify construction and lower cost?

I realize that I'm just talking about one enlarger here, but I bet a poll would show a lot of them in use, and perhaps the idea would apply to other enlarger designs as well.

From my standpoint, the unit would ideally have the kind of link to the Zone VI compensation enlarging timer that Paul Schrantz designed for Zone VI -- since I have the timer and need that stabilization, especially when the room air-conditioner cycles on and off in summertime. I don't know if that would be a patent issue, or if LEDs need some different kind of stabilizer/voltage regulator.

As mentioned in either my posting or private message to OP regarding the plans for a new VC LED head he has very generously shared with us, I'd prefer a wired connection to a timer, thought realizing that this would require different connections to various timers. I don't have an iOS device.

Finally, I use a foot switch to turn the time on and off, something I first read that W. Eugene Smith had rigged up, and which Zone VI included. What a difference in the ease of dodging and burning-in it makes! The Zone VI one uses a simple phone cable (UTP connector? STP?).

Okay, I'm done. I just keep hoping that someone will invent something that she or he will also build for sale, that is durable and reliable, versatile, perhaps modular/scalable or in several configurations for various popular enlargers, well-featured, and modestly priced, to replace our aging cold lights. I would guess that a Kickstarter campaign, if needed, could be a significant success.