Thread: Need advice on making a film washer

Need advice on making a film washer

Hi, guys. I'm trying to get past lock-ups and I've decided to make my own film washer. Bringing me one from the U.S. costs a lot. The washing machine is vertical. For prints 30x40 cm The images and videos that you can share will be valued. A thousand thanks and a greeting from the south of the hemisphere. Here we are also in isolation.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Re: Need advice on making a film washer

Ricardo,

I made a makeshift 4x5-inch film washer for my improvised darkroom in Europe years ago. It was simply a small clear plastic storage container of the appropriate size in which I drilled holes and inserted bamboo skewers (long barbecue-type) for a bottom support and dividers. These were secured with clear silicone. I also drilled small drain holes along the bottom edges (how many and how big controlled the flow). This just sat in shower floor; water was introduced from the top with the shower head (low pressure) sitting in a sieve/colander placed on top of the tub. That worked well for me for years.

I also make an A4-size print washer from a plastic file case and plexiglass dividers, also put together with silicone and with drilled drain holes.

I'm sure you'll be able to cobble together something that does the job for you.

Doremus

Re: Need advice on making a film washer

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Ricardo,

I made a makeshift 4x5-inch film washer for my improvised darkroom in Europe years ago. It was simply a small clear plastic storage container of the appropriate size in which I drilled holes and inserted bamboo skewers (long barbecue-type) for a bottom support and dividers. These were secured with clear silicone. I also drilled small drain holes along the bottom edges (how many and how big controlled the flow). This just sat in shower floor; water was introduced from the top with the shower head (low pressure) sitting in a sieve/colander placed on top of the tub. That worked well for me for years.

I also make an A4-size print washer from a plastic file case and plexiglass dividers, also put together with silicone and with drilled drain holes.

I'm sure you'll be able to cobble together something that does the job for you.

Doremus
    Doremus,
    thanks for your contributions, if I remember correctly I have a note from you how to make sheet test and 4x5 plate zones
    I'm sure with your input I'll improvise.
    In my construction scheme I have a mental idea for a box for 5 copies, each copy is separated from the other by a Plexiglass plate, (or whatever I find in my neighborhood), each copy separated by 3cm.
    On the subject of water entering the box, it is through the base with small holes, so that this has strength, make the floor as a pressure chamber, with that I can gain strength in to keep the sheet straight and not stick, on the wall of the plexiglass.
    What I have not yet resolved is that if I made the group consutla is like draining,
    one option is for revaluation
    another option is by siphon

if the guys share video or photos better.