Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lewin View Post
I can’t resist a question for those keeping extensive notes for each exposure: what do you use them for? For myself, the only thing I do is use post-it stickies to mark the rare sheets or holders that need significantly differing processing (N- or N+). Since I use only one film (HP5+), that simplifies things, and I don’t know why I need to remember which lens I used or other settings. But I’m always open to learning better procedures.
I keep notes for several reasons. First, to note date and place and working title of the image. Place is important if I ever want to go back to re-shoot. Film type and indicated development are important too. Exposure is pretty simple; notes for that are usually just something like "shadow under awning" and then an "X" in the appropriate Zone box. I note aperture and shutter speed as well as film-holder number too.

My record forms include places and worksheets for filters, bellows extension factors and reciprocity failure adjustments. The worksheet is handy when using more than one of these at a time.

The forms get filed together with the negatives. If I print the negative, I'll write the final title on the form so that it agrees with my printing records (yes, I have those too ).

Best,

Doremus