So I have a Recomar 33 in great shape. It has perfect bellows and a fully working Compur shutter with Xenar 135mm. It's great but nearly unusable to me since I have to cut 4x5 film down for it in the darkroom, which then does not fit in my daylight tank and has to be tray-developed, which I am not yet set up for.

It has a double-sided combination plate- and film-holder that slides in with two grooves that receives a lip on the back of the camera-- no spring back or anything, and the GG attaches the same way, and consequently the GG must be painstakingly slid off and the film holder slid on.

I have reason to believe (manual and such) that most users used it handheld with guess focusing and a pack film back, which I have seen for sale before.

Does anyone know of any adaptor or method for using 4x5 film with this camera? From the size of the film holder (it could physically hold a sheet of 4x5 and have a little area to spare) I almost imagine someone would have made a film holder for 4x5 for the same back.