Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a strictly amateur photographer. I do it because I love it, and for no other reason. I shoot landscape, architecture, wildlife, still life, travel, macro and portraits. Just about anything and everything that interests me.

After the past 15 years or so of shooting digital, I have finally made my way back to analog. I’m currently setting up a darkroom in my basement, where I’ll be able to develop and print 35mm up to 4x5. Haven’t stepped foot in a darkroom in thirty years, so I’m really looking forward to it.

For digital 35mm, I shoot a Canon 5dmkIV, a Leica M10 and a Leica Q2. For film, I have a Leica M3, a Nikon FM2n, and a Minolta X-570. And lots of lenses for all of them. I recently picked up a couple of Rollie’s for my first foray into medium format. Now I’m ready to tackle large format. Looking to purchase my first 4x5 camera, and I’m strongly inclined toward the Chamonix F2. I intend to shoot film, but also want to learn to shoot wet plate. I have an interest in learning various alternative photographic processes including wet plate collodion, platinum/palladium, cyanotypes and Van dyke brown.

I’m here on the forum to learn and so far I’ve been impressed with the collective wealth of knowledge and talent here.