This summer I'm working on a ranch in New Mexico. The job has a fairly generous off-days policy so I'm planning on backpacking around and bringing my 4x5. I have sundry questions as to how to get all the logistics to work out.

I'm hoping to take the train, so scanners shouldn't be an issue. If I have to fly I have some lead bags I can keep the film in/I can ask for hand-check.

I only have so many film holders and I don't really want to backpack with any more holders than I need to (for weight and bulk reasons). I assume I'll shoot more than 34 frames in 3 months so I need some way of loading+unloading film. Changing bags should work fine, no?

I like to shoot films in the range of asa100, and keeping film exposed but undeveloped for 3 months will risk some latent image loss, correct? That means I'll have to develop as I go.
Has anyone developed in trays in a changing bag? Is this even close to feasible? I could use daylight tanks but they're an added cost and I wouldn't be able to develop as much at a time. Also, will 20 or 30 minutes in trays be too long for film to be out, even in a changing bag? a.k.a. are changing bags actually light-tight, or will I see some fogging? How much does the brand of changing bag matter? Could I use two bags nested inside each other?

Also, this is the Rockies in the summer. Nighttime 20s and daytime 80s wouldn't be very surprising. Is that enough of a range to totally jack my film? Humidity shouldn't be an issue, it's typically around 3-10%. Anyway I'm going to store the film in drybags in case of rain.

Tripods: I have a carbon tripod I use with my digital that's light but maybe not sturdy enough. I've heard of people converting survey tripods into LF tripods, so I might do that. However, if finances work out ok I'll have one of those Intrepid cameras by this summer. Would a 'normal' tripod be sturdy enough for an Intrepid camera, or does the size+wind-catching ability of a 4x5 always necessitate a super-sturdy tripod?

Chemistry: I doubt I'll be out long enough that I'll run out of loaded film and need to develop by a mountain stream but I figure I should at least think about it. Can developer by pre-diluted, or will that mess it up? I'll be using Rodinal if that matters.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I realize I'm asking like a ton and a half. Feel free to take a deep breath and close the tab :p

Benno