This morning I mixed what might have been my bizillionth gallon of D-76 and the amount of little black flecks of whatever it is that floats around in the stuff seemed excessive enough to warrant filtering the fresh solution through cheesecloth.
My questions are---what are those black flecks and do they need to be in my D-76 for some reason I'm unaware of?
And---has anyone else had a bounty of those black flecks show up in their D-76 recently? Should I be concerned?

Incidental info: I started with a clean Patterson Graduate cylinder, the solution stirred with a Delta blue copy of the Kodak yellow stirring wand. Water is bottled distilled water. I do nuke or heat some of the distilled water prior to mixing to get the overall temperature up past 133 deg F for mixing---this in either a clean ss saucepan on the range, or a clean Pyrex mixing cup in the microwave. The D-76 was manufactured by Alaris and purchased just a few days ago.

FWIW: I've always noticed two or three black flecks when mixing D-76, however never so many as these before.