Thread: 4x5 PS

4x5 PS

elearning.winona.edu/staff_o/jjs/s

Lighter and less filling.

4x5 PS

I believe I just saw this camera advertised in the UK's, Outdoor Photography magazine. HD(?) something is the brand name. Looks pretty interesting and the price seems reasonable. I believe it's out of China.

4x5 PS

I saw the same thing a while back being sold from China itself. There was a flurry of questions on the usual sites about it. Certainly looks like fun.

4x5 PS

You all understand that the lens is not part of the package. You may as well buy a shoebox.

4x5 PS

Buy a shoebox or something like this - 4x5 with Biogon 3"

4x5 PS

jj, I do not understand the logic in these last two posts of yours. You are saying that if a camera is sold without a lens that it is therefore of equal value to a shoebox? Maybe I just don't get your joke.

4x5 PS

the gaoersi camera has rise and fall.

this allows the photographer to use it as b0th a handheld unit and take advantage of one of the most common movments used (at least by me) when on a tripod.

The printex on the other hand seems to offer a coupled rangefinder, but no movements.

either way, i have purchased a gaoersi 5x4 body, and will post here again once I get back home to have a look. I felt that it met my needs.

For me, scale focusing with a 90mm is no problem and rise and fall are VERY useful.

All in a newly manufactured metal body.... sounds better than a shoe box.

D.

4x5 PS

David - Please do post your impressions when you have a chance. I've seen the eBay listings, and am curious about the quality of construction and whether there are any rough spots in actual use. TIA...

4x5 PS

jj, I do not understand the logic in these last two posts of yours. You are saying that if a camera is sold without a lens that it is therefore of equal value to a shoebox? Maybe I just don't get your joke.

THAT camera without a lens is just nothing special. There are plenty of alternatives at reasonable prices WITH a lens. With something so specialized, the buyer is committed to more $ yet. Seems silly to me.

4x5 PS

jj, plenty of alternatives, as you say, with shift and interchangeable lenses with focusing mounts allowing 4x5 and 6x12 for the same size and price as this camera? Could you name a couple of these, since there are so many?

Or maybe you just want to mention the ones with built-in lenses and focusing mounts, though those are not as useful to hikers? I simply cannot tell what available cameras you are thinking of that you feel dominate this one.