Thread: Post Some of Your First Photos

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Some of Your First Photos

I got my first camera, a Brownie Starflash, for my 7th birthday in 1955. I loved that camera and used to carry it to school with me and make photo's of my classmates and teachers. I even took an interest in documenting events that I saw that interested me. 64 years after getting my first camera I'm still documenting what I see that interests me. Actually that Brownie lead to a 52 year career as a photographer.

I still have many of the negatives that I made and thought it would be fun to see if others have some of their early photo's.

All photo's were made with my Brownie on Verichrome (ortho) film. The location was Elm Grove School in Oak Ridge Tennessee. The city was built in 1942 for the war effort. It was known as the secret city where even the construction workers didn't know what they were building or what for. Oak Ridge is where the Uranium for the first atomic bombs was enriched.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DD early pix 1955 133.jpg   DD early pix 1955  127.jpg   DD early pix 1955  128.jpg   DD early pix 1955  129.jpg