In a previous thread I mentioned that I recently acquired a Durst CLS 1840 enlarger that was modified by Durst USA to use a 220V 2,000 watt power unit and uses a 2,000 watt halogen bulb. Because of the fact that I do not feel that the work I want to accomplish with this enlarger does not need such enormous power / illumination and secondly because 2,000 watt halogen bulbs appears as scarce as hens teeth I want to explore the possibility of seeing what it would take to modify this enlarger to take 120V 1,000 watt halogen bulbs (which appears to be more available) and see who I would be able to engage to assist me with this endeavor considering that Durst USA is no longer in business? In the current configuration I can use use density filters and if the heat gets too intense (which is why I suspect the unit came with an auxiliary vacuum to suck hot air away from the head) I can spread out my use accordingly. But if the bulb goes dead it takes the unit down with it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.