Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8

    Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    I'd like to use Linhof heads having a 77mm diameter base on Linhof tripods with a clamp for heads having a 90mm diameter base. Linhof used to offer a 90mm to 77mm reducing ring (catalog #003752) for this purpose, but I've been told it was discontinued long ago. Is there anyone who has one of these and is prepared to part with it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0249.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	199672

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,768

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Linhof tripodswith the 90mm top come with a flat top plate with a ⅜ male thread. Since Linhof still makes tripods that have this plate you can order one from your dealer.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,768

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Linhof tripodswith the 90mm top come with a flat top plate with a ⅜ male thread. Since Linhof still makes tripods that have this plate you can order one from your dealer.
    See:

    http://linhof.com/en/stativ-zubehoer/

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    I have the adapter you describe, but it doesn't provide the kind of resistance to rotational forces that the clamp provides. I guess I could have S. K. Grimes produce an adapter.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,768

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by islomane View Post
    I have the adapter you describe, but it doesn't provide the kind of resistance to rotational forces that the clamp provides. I guess I could have S. K. Grimes produce an adapter.
    Couple of drops of Locktite will,solve that. Or you could drill and tap a 1/4-20 hole and place a set screw that will bite into the base of your 77mm head.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Couple of drops of Locktite will,solve that. Or you could drill and tap a 1/4-20 hole and place a set screw that will bite into the base of your 77mm head.
    True, but I have a variety of 77mm hardware that I'd like to use, so each 'setup' wouldn't be permanent. The setscrew idea is good, but I'm not keen to drill and tap and otherwise deface Linhof gear when a Linhof 'solution' to the issue had once been available (and may still be somewhere).

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 1998
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12,768

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Quote Originally Posted by islomane View Post
    True, but I have a variety of 77mm hardware that I'd like to use, so each 'setup' wouldn't be permanent. The setscrew idea is good, but I'm not keen to drill and tap and otherwise deface Linhof gear when a Linhof 'solution' to the issue had once been available (and may still be somewhere).
    Have you checked with OmegaBrandess? They had them since they bought our inventory when we closed.

    Have you asked MidWest Photo, Samy’s, KEH, Quality Camera?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8

    Re: Linhof 90mm to 77mm Reducing Adapter

    Thanks for your suggestions, Bob. I'll query these retailers. OmegaBrandess has already replied. "We do not stock Linhof parts here, we special order them directly from Linhof. If they no longer have them, than [sic] we will not be able to get the parts in either".
    Last edited by islomane; 20-Jan-2020 at 11:20.

Similar Threads

  1. 90mm with 77mm filter thread
    By IHS in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2012, 14:15

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •