Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
Sorry to hear that, especially when you should be stoked about a new format. In terms of daylight tanks, I've had good luck with developing two 5x7 sheets in a Patterson Orbital--no tabs to deal with, just a pair of field expedient nylon screws to serve as a kind of gate so the sheets don't overlap. (FWIW, I'm using the Orbital in conjunction with a water bath, which seems to work well with a semi-stand agitation regimen.)

That said, given the photo you posted with lots of sky/reflected sky, it seems as if you might run into really challenging conditions more than I do--it might be worth exploring various "tube" approaches (e.g. BTZS or the "Steve Sherman" approach to semi-stand development). Both require total darkness for loading developer, but otherwise most of the process can proceed under the lights.
Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your insightful tips, advice and suggestions.

It seems getting even development in a big swath of sky or similar is a challenge as the format gets bigger. I haven’t done 8x10 but I can already see how challenging it is to get uniform development in 5x7 compared to 4x5’s or 120 roll film.

I would try the Paterson Orbital if I could find one. Everyone have had good luck with SP-810 and it seems to be a good design, except my issues with film slipping under the tabs. I am so tempted to glue some small plastic stops like screws in the bottom pan of SP-810 to prevent the 5x7 films slipping under the tabs. I do have to give up the option of using it for 8x10 in the future. Can I use standard superglue? Is there any chance of that getting attacked by the developing chemicals?