Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
More and more these days...I've been using a black t-shirt - with the large end being placed over the camera back. Wearing closeup glasses (I like the two-eyed viewing!) and placing the head-hole over just the top of my head and my eyes - I can move about the screen nicely while keeping my nose and mouth out of the "bag," which mitigates that real PIA problem of focus screen fogging.

My next steps are to sew a white t-shirt to the outside (to reflect heat), sew the head-hole a bit smaller so the remaining opening is just large enough for the glasses, and sew an elastic head-strap over this hole to keep it affixed to my head. Oh...and I'll sew a drawstring into the large end to keep it more secure over the camera, also allowing for a quick removal from the camera prior to film insertion and exposure. Meanwhile, the bag will stay on my head - gathered around my neck to stay out of the way until the next setup, at which point the large, drawstring end gets pulled back over the camera, while the rest stays attached to my head. Should work (I think)! I'll post a pic when its done.
So what we need is a fashion accessory that doubles as a scarf, hood, and dark cloth. or a dark cape.