Quote Originally Posted by lassethomas View Post
Well, it all depends, sort of.
The widest lens for 4x5 that I know of is the Schneider Super-Angulon XL 47mm. If you go by diagonal (0.27 crop factor) that would mean around 13mm (35mm equivalent).

I own it and it is a fantastic lens, and equally fantastically hard to shoot with. But fun. Nothing you use everyday though.

What you need to check for is the film to flange distance for the lens. It's the actual distance from the front of the lens board to the film at infinity.
Schneider Super-Angulon XL 47mm has a film to flange of 59 mm.
The F2 states minimum bellow at 52 mm and the H1 at 60 mm.
The F2 should work with the 47mm out of the box but I would use a recessed board to get some extra movement too. And with the H1 a 10mm recessed board might be necessary.

As for tele the F2 has 395mm bellow extension and H1 350mm.
And that is for infinity focus. A lens would need rather more if you like to get close.
But you could use an extruded lens board to gain some extension, and even more there are extenders for the camera.
And then tele lenses are not made equal. Some are long lens designs with a film to flange distances about their focal length, and some are tele lens designs with a film to flange distances markedly shorter than their focal length.
So you can see that it depends.

Anyway, a 400mm lens for 4x5 would equal about 110 in 35mm

/Lasse
Currently, I’m shooting medium format (Mamiya RB67) with 35mm equivalents in 24mm, 44mm, 85mm and 172mm (Actual lenses are 50mm, 90mm, 180mm, and 360mm). That's about 90mm for 4x5 to get the 24mm equivalent. I also would want to get a 150mm for normal shooting. Which lenses would you recommend for sharp focus for the 45H1 model?