WOW, you all have said important things to help me. Let me try to address them....

Jim Noel. I totally see your point and this is EXACTLY why I have not already moved to LF. My experience with b&w development is admittedly dated. I go back to the 80's. What I do remember was the post-shot phase has just as many variables and skill involved as the pre-shot. For me, I would rather spend my time setting up, planning and taking that shot and spend very little amount of time on the back end.

Oren Grad. Great question. To me, the attraction to LF is the thoughtful nature of it. The fact that you can control so much of the perspective is really exciting to me. I love the idea of finding a "cool view" of a landscape and then returning to that place at the right time of day and weather to capture that view in the most impactful way. What I'd hope to get out of LF would be a handful of badass b&w prints to hang on my wall.

Two23. Yeah you summed it up for me! But you and Jim have me rethinking where I need to go with this. If developing b&w has evolved to the point of making pancakes, well, what is my problem?

I really just need to learn more about the process and investment. It would be great to find someone local that shoots LF. I know the local community college offered a class in LF, but you needed a camera to enroll. I have a tendency to get into hobbies and not always follow through. Drives my wife crazy. She holds that over my head a lot!!!

Thank you all.