Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Useful LED digital light table

  1. #1

    Useful LED digital light table

    Light tables are really useful for viewing processed negatives under a magnifier, but traditional light tables were expensive and bulky. I recently found some A4 size 9"x12" LED "tracing tables" at Amazon that are a really inexpensive and useful substitute - about $25, adjustably bright, thin, and easily stored. I have two, one at home and one at the office. They work well for reviewing negatives up to 8x10 and store in a drawer.

    Here's the link :

    "LITENERGY Portable A4 Tracing LED Copy Board Light Box, Ultra-Thin Adjustable USB Power Artcraft LED Trace Light Pad for Tattoo Drawing, Streaming, Sketching, Animation, Stenciling

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    San Diego

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    Reviews seem to have a lot of complaints about them breaking or even not working out of the box. I've been looking for one that isn't crazy expensive (I don't need perfect color balance) and isn't cheap trash, just want a reasonably priced good quality one.

  3. #3
    Pieter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    I bought this one about a year and a half ago. Works fine so far, dimmer touch pad is maybe too sensitive.

    A4 Led Light Box Light Pad New Improved Structure Touch Dimmer 8W Super Bright Max 4500 Lux with Free Carry/Storage Bag 2 Years Warranty (A4 Light Pad)

  4. #4

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    Both of mine have continued to work fine. At $24, it's not a major risk.

    The actual user review summary from Amazon shows 78% five stars, another 9% four stars (that totals 87% ) 6% one star, and the remaining 7% in between. Overall rating 4.5 stars. I clipped the review summary but the PNG would not insert here.

    Perhaps the small dissatisfied group was not being careful with the device?

  5. #5
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    San Francisco, USA

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    The gold standard are the Kaiser Slimlite Plano led light boxes - although they are very thin more like a tablet. This kind of product is more critical with color slides since the light is corrected and calibrated. They come in various sizes and arenít too expensive. Given the lifetime of use, they may end up being cheaper in the long run than buying a heap of tracing boxes.

  6. #6
    Christopher Barrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    I got aother off Amazon by Litup. It's been solid for a year now.

  7. #7
    Tin Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    I have used the cheap ones for display of X-Ray positives as gifts to Doctors

    Images were not people, but their building in a park

    Something for their office

    I also used an older LED light box, as B&W 5X7 film enlarging light source

    That is documented in DIY along with a few variations
    Images vastly preferred

    not game trying to


    In Time

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 1999

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    The Kaiser and the Litup looks exactly the same thing. The Litup price is half the Kaiser. I bought another one that looks the same, and cost me half the Litup. As mentioned above, same comments about quality control issues. I only can say than some months later mine is still working, and it is an ok product.
    I wonder if they are knockoffs, or just the very same thing with a different sticker.
    It seems that today, only the prestige of a name is worth more than anything. Manufacturers know it.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2004

    Re: Useful LED digital light table

    those tracer lights are great. i had a florecent light table once but i hated it because it had hot spots. these leds give you even light accross the board plus the variable color and brightness controls are wonderfull.

    cant beat the price either.

Similar Threads

  1. LED Light Table?
    By LFLarry in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 19-Nov-2019, 17:45
  2. Using new style thin light table as light source
    By Eric Rose in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-Jun-2005, 21:32


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts