Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6.5x8.5

Re: 6.5x8.5

Blue Moon Camera has 6.5 x 8.5" Ilford Delta 100 in stock.

A couple of bits of info to provide here - I just re-bellowed a Kodak Model 2 & have in hand a bunch of the Rittreck Hope Full/Whole Plate holders.. BUT they are too long in the locking-ridge dimension for the Kodak. I contacted R. Ritter who will be enlarging the opening in the Kodak back to take the Rittrecks. Kumar saw my first post and offered me a Rittreck cam in 5x7 with a Full plate adapter, which I now have. All I need is film & a couple of lens holders (on the way) to take pics.
    I have a great sheet/paper cutter from Office Da Pot that has a tiny blade &/or wheel that cuts film just loverly, so I'm good until Ilford's next show. I also phoned Blue Moon & the fellow who answered said they were out of stock for Full Plate film &/or holders.

so far, contact Kumar to see what he has to advise or even offer. Final note - I have a six-pack of just beautiful & legitimately "near mint" full plate film holders that are (feature this now) about 1/8" wider than the Rittrecks & thus too wide to fit the Kodak and even longer in the L-ridge dimension! They came with a couple of demo sheets of film that fit those units nicely & the other ones (branded Rittreck) a bit more loosely but okay). The minty ones have not logos/names on them. I also emailed Hugo Zhang about the Chamonix full plate holder & by his photo/diagrams that he sent they are like the Rittreck Hope ones, not the Kodak ones. Given that (as I grasp the historical trail) Tachichara begat Rittreck maybe the Rittreck Hope holders are the path ahead? Such fun doing all this, so why do people "go digital"? Where's the fun in that, alfredian

Quote Originally Posted by alfredian View Post
    I also emailed Hugo Zhang about the Chamonix full plate holder & by his photo/diagrams that he sent they are like the Rittreck Hope ones, not the Kodak ones.
    I own both Chamonix and Eastman WP holders and I've owned Rittreck ones as well. The Chamonix holders are closer to the Eastman ones - they fit my Eastman No. 2, while the Rittreck holders did not.

Oren - thanks for the rapid reply. I was basing my decision/assessment based on dimensions provided in Hugo Zhang's attached images (dimensions dubbed on by the sender) and my measurements of my Kodak No.2 full plate back. I shall reconnect with HZ & for-sure now, I do have a matching set of 18 Rittreck full plate holders and a designed-to-match camera. --alfredian

Quote Originally Posted by alfredian View Post
    Oren - thanks for the rapid reply. I was basing my decision/assessment based on dimensions provided in Hugo Zhang's attached images (dimensions dubbed on by the sender) and my measurements of my Kodak No.2 full plate back. I shall reconnect with HZ & for-sure now, I do have a matching set of 18 Rittreck full plate holders and a designed-to-match camera. --alfredian
    For your entertainment:

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...tandardization