I have the instructions and read it a few times, but because it’s a rather poor translation and somewhat vague, I still have really little idea of how to use it.

It’s a dual spot meter, with 1 degree and 3 degrees of view. It’s capable of memorizing 5 readings.

Anyway, for example, this is how I use it. Tell me what I’m doing wrong.

1. I set the ISO
2. I measure a mid tone (like my subject at, say, f/16 at 1/8 second) and hit the memory function.
3. I measure the darkest tone (at, say, f/8 at 1/8 second) and hit the memory function.
4. I measure the lightest tone (like a very bright cloudy sky at, say, f/32 at 1/8 second) and hit the memory function.

Now I obviously can’t just add these f/stops up and divide by 3; the lightest tone will drag the setting to become over exposed.

So how do I properly calculate this? Can anyone here explain what I’m doing wrong and help me figure this meter out?

Here’s the somewhat vague instruction manual: https://www.cameramanuals.org/flashe...onic_L-778.pdf

If anyone can help me understand how to properly use this step by step, that’d be greatly appreciated.

I’m getting worried that I’m relying too much on the averaging light meter on my iPhone. :/