Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega D2 Questions

Re: Omega D2 Questions

+1 on the Omega Focusing Attachment. Just attach it to a cut-out flat board.

I built this one for my E3, same basic design, just bigger and earlier.

E3 150 F9 G-Claron 5x7 Lens Board Custom 2 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

dcfl

Re: Omega D2 Questions

Last May, I bought a D2V. Was not familiar with the "V", used D2's decades ago. Figured it out quickly. Variable condenser was included. Have been using the 1989 8x10 papers I got with the whole darkroom just to re-aquaint myself with B&W printing. Am very happy with my purchase. D2V enlarger, "mint condition", story behind the whole darkroom, a 150mm f/5.6 El-Nikkor lens, nikkor 80mm with lens cone for the 150mm and 80mm. Items I got with along with the enlarger: 6 foot long plastic sink, 3 paper cutters, two safe lights, numerous size trays, 4x5 kodak rubber tanks still sealed in the original boxes with lids, S/S hangers for dipping to process film, two graylab timers, one omega timer, poly contrast filter set, original enlarger manual, much more, forgot as I not be using at this time. Oh, and they threw in a brand new Majestic tripod with head. But I like my Gitzo tripod, will try the other on sometime, I mean brand new, just like the enlarger. I spent 4 hours dismantling their darkroom as everything was included. I am still in awe with the find. You will love a D2 or D2V. Have fun printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Crisp View Post
    My only experience with Omegas is with my B22XL, now long gone. It seemed extremely well made compared to my first enlarger which was a Vivitar 66 something. I hated that one.

I want to add a condenser enlarger to the darkroom as I am in the process of moving the whole set up to a second house and I think I have room. I already have a cold light equipped Beseler 23II and a Beseler with the V column and 8X10 head.

What do you think of the D2, probably will mostly be used for 35mm and 6x9? The one I am looking at is supposedly set up or formats up to 4X5 and comes with negative holders for everything from Minox on up. I believe the one I'm looking at is a D2V.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry this isn't in the darkroom equipment section where it should be.