Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DIY 4x5 Enlarger with LED light source

Re: DIY 4x5 Enlarger with LED light source

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I do like LED anything, but don't want any film device to NEED a phone interface
    buttons, rheostats
    twisted wires
    maybe a barking audio control so I can yell at it
    On any 'bigger' enlarger project I have done I have built a wired controller. I personally find it better too.
    But for such a small adapter a phone interface is almost mandatory. The connection cable from the controller to the LED light source may be anissue. And the controller will be 5 time the size of the light source.
    ...the idea with the dog is not bad. It can bark the last 3 seconds of the timer

Great thread, been thinking to build something like this for a while. Built a multi-channel / process f-stop timer, working on an analyser now and definitely LF enlarging head next!

I have decided to write detailed and accurate step by step building instructions. The goal is that even people who are not trained in electronic projects can build such a LED light source. A little bit of building skill is required, and your installation of the LED in the enlarger is different for everyone.
    I will adapt the code so that it can be used for all needs. A material list and sources of supply is also included. I hope to be finished in a few weeks or even before. I will publish it here and maybe open another thread.

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by elgatosuizo View Post
    I have decided to write detailed and accurate step by step building instructions. The goal is that even people who are not trained in electronic projects can build such a LED light source. A little bit of building skill is required, and your installation of the LED in the enlarger is different for everyone.
    I will adapt the code so that it can be used for all needs. A material list and sources of supply is also included. I hope to be finished in a few weeks or even before. I will publish it here and maybe open another thread.
    Tin Can

that is great, thanks!

Since some of you have asked me directly, I have, as promised, made a detailed instruction for building an LED controller and convert an enlarger to a LED light source.
    You can find it in this thread:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...list-and-build

Quote Originally Posted by elgatosuizo View Post
    I had some PM with request for the code and bill of materials. I made a hook-up drawing too, but I'm not able to upload it in a decent resolution. Please PM me if you need it in readable resolution and I send it to you. This project still needs some basic Arduino skills to build. Nothing terrible but at least one should know how to install a library and so.
    This is a version with an integrated timer. For a version that uses an external timer the code and a bit of the hardware should be changed. even this layot can be misused for use with anexternal timer if the toggle switch for the permanent light on is let on.
    This version still not uses the EEPROM store, but I will implement it soon. The bill of material is in the comment section of the code.
    Attachment 198131
    Attachment 198132
    Greetings from wintery Australia!

This is a very interesting looking project, and I'm excited to build it. I have a little experience with diy electronics, and am a keen film photographer. I ordered the gear from your suggestions, and they have slowly arrived over many weeks. I believe I have everything now, but I'll have to go through the stash to make sure.

In looking at the image of the connections, it did look a little too low res to use, so thanks in advance for a better quality image of the connections.

My first experiments with photography were nearly sixty years ago, when I used a light bulb and my Argus 35mm camera as an enlarger. I'm going to have a go using ano old Cambo 4x5 in a similar manner with this light head. If it doesn't work well, I may have to stump up for a old enlarger, but this new head should be very useful in any case.

Thanks again for your project details, I look forward to making it.

Kind Regards,

Michael Hund

I see that this is an old post, but I'd love to see the build on the controller. It looks like a great job and design. Do you have any build material you would care to share? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by scott palmer View Post
    I see that this is an old post, but I'd love to see the build on the controller. It looks like a great job and design. Do you have any build material you would care to share? Much appreciated.
    Look here: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...list-and-build

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thank you for sharing this very interesting document.
    That's great !