New member here. I have been using a Graflex 4x5 camera since 2004 or earlier. I didn't often use it, but at times liked to take it out for landscapes or portraits. My Graflex is in need of repair, so its sitting right now. I am seeing a lot of old pictures from the 50s and was told they often used 8x10 view cameras for such pictures. I decided I'd like to get into 8x10, especially since its 4x the rez of 4x5 and its a huge jump up from any digital camera currently out there. Again I'd use it for landscapes, hikes, or portraits in or outdoors.

I was looking on Ebay and found a couple cameras used. First was a Calumet C1 and second was the Kodak 2D. Price varied from $600 US dollars to $800. But then I found out a new company making 8x10 field cameras with movements, and looked into them. They make the Intrepid 8x10 view camera and my price in Canadian dollars is only $702 with shipping from the UK. This camera only weighs 5 pounds and folds up nice and compact. Good for hikes. Is this camera decent enough to use and own? Or should I still go for the old models on Ebay at risk of faulty parts? Is the Intrepid rugged enough for everyday use?

I plan on getting some Lisco Regal film holders for this camera. Used of course. Lens of choice Im looking at the Fujinon 300mm f5.6 for most of my uses. The Fuji is currently mounted on a Toyo square board. Not sure if this board fits the Intrepid? I have a Fujinon 210mm I could adapt to use on this camera, as I also use it on my Graflex. Will my Graflex Speed Graphic boards mount to the Intrepid, with or without an adapter? My films of choice are Kodak Portra 160, Adox CHS II 100, Ilford Ortho 80, and Kodak TMAX 400.