Synopsis of my trip to Crested Butte this week. Images to follow soon.

First had t I use my dslr for a light meter as my light meters were being calibrated. Ok. So, I just get my 4x5 back after repairs from being blown over by a rogue wind. This afternoon, I was photographing an awesome valley in Colorado when I turned to get a another lens. I hear a thud and turned to see camera on ground again. Dented gg holder and got dirt every where. Although, most of the damage is cosmetic one piece may need to be replaced. I think it was from last time though.

Cleaned up, proceeded to take picture. While composing, I went to use front tilt and it was taking a lot and not focusing right. Everything is parallel, etc.

Tried some real back tilt instead and everything came to focus as planned. I was thinking wth! Then I realized the valley was actually well below me and sloping up to mountains. In a weird way that makes sense now.

But still, blown over by a wind twice in a row!? Maybe I should take up needle point, not. I never give up. God is trying to teach me something. I must not be hearing yet.

Disassembled camera, nothing damaged except for some cosmetic stuff. The bed is delaminating a tad, but that is a different story. I seem to have escaped a catastrophe 🙏

So, the end of my trip was not bad for not shooting in 2 months. Had one sheet ended up on outside of darkslide when I put back in after shot. Kinda surprised as I check each holder as I put film in by removing and reinserting each slide at time of film load. Only other casualty was I partially pulled back a slide exposing about a 1/4 in of exposed film. Mean I probably lost about third of a heet overall. This trip I took 2 frames of each scene. My 6th sense told me to do that.