...Leaves

I don't keep a bucket list, but there are things I'd like to do.
One is to take my bride to see NYC(she's never been there) and I really would like to experience the Feast of San Gennaro, Patron Saint of Naples, celebrated in Manhattan's Little Italy.

I'm a sucker for festivals and Italian food so this trip could be a trifecta of sorts, but wait!
The Feast of San Gennaro is in late September, and New England with it's famed foliage is so close, so I'm thinking "why not?"
In late September, I've read, colors might be turning in Maine or Vermont. I have relatives in MA I haven't see in decades and MA is on the way up(or back) if NYC is our "base"so this notion is turning into a logistical conundrum. The biggest obstacle, besides money, is if my bride can get the time off from work(she's a teacher's aide)

Obviously this year is out of the question but next year isn't, or perhaps in a future year after she retires, even though my 5x7 Speeder is tugging at my sleeve right now urging me to GO! in a way only Speed Graphics seem capable of doing.

This will take a lot of planning. My big issue so far is I don't want to drive in NYC or Boston (I've driven in Boston before---never again) so I'm think of taking Amtrak "up North" hitting Boston on the way and renting a car in New Hampshire, Vermont or Maine.
But which Amtrak? There are a bunch of Amtraks that so from NYC Northbound.

Any suggestions?
Any suggestions about other sights to see during late September, early October in New England?