Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Americana

Re: Americana

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Shot 7 is very Walker Evans - IMHO

Which is very high praise from me.

Martin
    Thanks Michael and Martin!

Iv’e admired Walker Evans’ work along with other FSA photographers since the early 70’s. Thank you for your comments.

Photo 7 is Hank Greenways store just a few minutes from my house. I shot the image in 1976 but unfortunately the store was closed a few years later. The store still stands and the owner has kept it from decay but it doubtful that it will ever reopen. I’ll post others from the store soon. Here are two I think I posted earlier in the thread but no harm in posting them again. The gentleman on the counter was the retired sheriff and the man standing is Hank Greenway the owner. Honk was the highway commissioner in the county.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greenways Grocery.jpeg   Greenways 2.jpeg  

Bullets 'n' Burgers, Arizona

Shen-Hao PTB617, Osaka Wide Field 120mm, Ektar 100

It was a rainy day today so I started going through my hard drives looking for forgotten scans of old images. Here are a few shots from twenty five or more years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hwy 70 round station 1.jpg   Headless 1.jpg   Junk Yard Jungle 1.jpeg   Cades Cove Church Ext 1.jpg   a.jpg  

fence and windmill.jpg   car 1.jpg  

A few color images from 2013 from our fair.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1001092.jpg   L1001027.jpg   L1000988.jpg   L1000982.jpg  

Wheat Harvest Worries. Unknown muralist. Since taken down. Grass Valley, Oregon. Mamiya 7ii, 80mm, Velvia 100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wheat Harvest Worries.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	245614Click image for larger version. 

ID:	245614

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Peterson View Post
    Wheat Harvest Worries. Unknown muralist. Since taken down. Grass Valley, Oregon. Mamiya 7ii, 80mm, Velvia 100Click image for larger version. 

ID:	245614
    Good to see you preserved this mural with a photo. I live in a small town in East Tennessee and our post office is over one hundred years old. The Tennessee Valley Authority brought electricity and flood control into the valley in the 1930’s and two post offices, ours and one just a short distance south of us, have beautiful murals depicting TVA building the electrical grid and dam in our town. I got permission to photograph them but need to get serious and do additional photos.

Thanks for posting.

Fifty years ago I ran across an old guy that had two full size steam locomotives and three steam tractors and track around his property to run his trains on. His hobby was steam power and giving the kids in the area rides on his trains. He had several antique train cars and a Nash Metropolitan that was setup to run in the rails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train 4.jpg   Steam Tractor 1.jpg   Train 3.jpg  

The building was in a tiny town nearby. I shot this with my 5x7 Norma in the early 70’s. Unfortunately the building is long gone.

Next is a freight elevator at the Knoxville L&N train station. Shot in the early 70’s with my Norma 5x7.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Old Building A.jpg   LN K.jpg  
    Last edited by Don Dudenbostel; 10-Mar-2024 at 19:19.

Treacle in down town Nashville. Shot with my Sinar Norma 4x5 and Nikkor T 500mm about 20 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Train Bridge nashville 2.jpg  

There are several old flour and corn mills in my area. I don’t think any are operating now but a couple are being use for small engine repair shops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mill Equipment C.jpg   Mill Equipment A.jpg   Ebenezer Mill A.jpg