Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

Re: Trial with the new B's 4x5 Developing reel

Quote Originally Posted by seezee View Post
    That's why I fill and drain mine with the lid off and in the dark (or under red light for x-ray film). The real barrier is it's no longer being manufactured & the remaining stock of spare parts is diminishing.
    Spare parts aren’t that big a problem. When we sold our inventory to Omega Brandess there was a lifetime supply of most parts, except for the tank bodies.
    The reason that the CombiPlan was discontinued was that the tool for the tank body had finally worn out and the cost of a new one was too much considering our worldwide sales and that 45 sales were also in decline.

If you like using it as a multiple line tank setup you might try to find its brother, the 45 CombiPlan L, you have the T version.
    The difference was the L had a screw in plug in the bottom instead of the Light Tight Hose Connector and a hard plastic drop on lid rather the the rubber lid. A floating lid was available as an accessory as were plastic numbers for the tank body. Of course this version could not do daylight processing or inversion agitation. But it did make a very compact multiple tank system.

Quote Originally Posted by seezee View Post
    That's why I fill and drain mine with the lid off and in the dark (or under red light for x-ray film). The real barrier is it's no longer being manufactured & the remaining stock of spare parts is diminishing.
    Spare parts aren’t that big a problem. When we sold our inventory to Omega Brandess there was a lifetime supply of most parts, except for the tank bodies.
    The reason that the CombiPlan was discontinued was that the tool for the tank body had finally worn out and the cost of a new one was too much considering our worldwide sales and that 45 sales were also in decline.

If you like using it as a multiple line tank setup you might try to find its brother, the 45 CombiPlan L, you have the T version.
    The difference was the L had a screw in plug in the bottom instead of the Light Tight Hose Connector and a hard plastic drop on lid rather the the rubber lid. A floating lid was available as an accessory as were plastic numbers for the tank body. Of course this version could not do daylight processing or inversion agitation. But it did make a very compact multiple tank system.

But we discontinued the L version in 83 even though parts were available for at least 10 more years until we just threw out whatever parts were left in inventory.

I've actually ordered parts from Omega Brandess thanks to an earlier post by you, Bob. Good to know they have plenty of parts remaining.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design