Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Americana

Re: Americana

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Titan I Missile
    Confederate Air Force Pad #1
    Cordele, GA

Intrepid mk4, Nikkor 90mm f/8, R25 filter, T-Max 100, Pyrocat

For more information, I highly recommend Googling. It's an interesting story.
    I love this so much I want to see it in person. Smokestacks and rockets and other vertical objects are usual anti photographable to me, but you did it well here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmsanderson View Post
    A recent re-scan and edit of negative from a few years ago

Mercer Mall and Church, Bluefield, West Virginia

8x10 Ektar 100, Fujinon 450mm C
    BLUEFIELD!!! Hey! I've been here! Last time was ummmm, 1992'ish. Rented a 6x17 from Ken Hansen in NYC. Came during leaf color change. My friend teaches at the music school. I remember driving along, and seeing ghost towns, and at that time, back early 90's, there were kids on the road with diapers and ripped up tshirts and I thought I was going through some 3rd world country but nope, just good old Apalachia. The place I stayed looked just like that while house on the right in foreground. It had a little covered veranda like that.
    Thanks for the photo, man this is bringing back memories.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Titan I Missile
    Confederate Air Force Pad #1
    Cordele, GA

Intrepid mk4, Nikkor 90mm f/8, R25 filter, T-Max 100, Pyrocat

For more information, I highly recommend Googling. It's an interesting story.
    I googled. And yes, pretty interesting background. I love this Americana thread. I love the kitsch. I need to get to the dessert of Joshua Tree and surrounding Palm Springs again. I call it kitsch county. But starting to get overrun by ex-LA'ers building their architectural summer homes. Me jealous??? Well, yah, just a little! (as a look at my bank account and seeing all my film purchases while I can be saving for my dream house in the desert)
    --

I am very happy I did nor settle in Palm Desert 50 years ago
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I am very happy I did nor settle in Palm Desert 50 years ago
    That road to Joshua Tree, on Road&Track Magazine years ago, is considered one of the top 10 deadliest roads in America. 2 lane road, dark, drunk service(men/women) with nothing to do but drink and drive super fast in the desert. All the towns have speed traps cause it's a 45MPH through the city but 60 in between and bam! 15+MPH over the limit a block into each town I do an ultra cycling event through there and scared each time I ride my bike through. But inside JT, so beautiful.
    --

This certainly isn't a technically great image but is pure Americana.

Shot in the mid 70's near my home. It's still standing but has been closed for decades. Fortunately the owner has kept it up and it's still in nice shape.

Shot on my 8x10 Deardorff, I believe TX film, and 6.5" Goerz Wide Angle Dagor. The exposure was probably 10 seconds and the people were moving a little but that's the way it goes when attempting this kind of shot. There was barely enough light to focus.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greenways 3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dudenbostel View Post

Shot in the mid 70's near my home. It's still standing but has been closed for decades. Fortunately the owner has kept it up and it's still in nice shape.

Shot on my 8x10 Deardorff, I believe TX film, and 6.5" Goerz Wide Angle Dagor. The exposure was probably 10 seconds and the people were moving a little but that's the way it goes when attempting this kind of shot. There was barely enough light to focus.

Cool shot, Don. That’s a neat looking place.

John, Eric, thanks! Just saw this. BTW, if you ever are in GA, this missile is right next to I-75.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Very very cool!
    --

Also, pretty neat if you can find that kid on the table today.
    --