Hi! I'm in the process of reading up on LF photography and (hopefully) buying my first LF camera. I also have this idea I might need help to be talked out of. I'm not imagining I will get my camera and be able (or wanting) to do this right away. But let's assume I learn to use the camera and want to try what I'm describing below for a summer. What am I forgetting that makes it impossible?

I would set up a LF camera at a scenic tourist spot and offer people to have their photo taken with a scenic background and order a scan or enlargements in various sizes of the photo (or maybe even the negative itself), which I will send them after some days (after I have had the film developed and scanned).

I believe a LF camera would attract a lot of attention. Visitors would learn that they get offered something else than a standard selfie: a professional, high-quality photo of their visit as a souvenir. That they won't be able to see the result until some days (or weeks) later is something I believe would make the whole thing even more exciting (but I might be mistaken). I would make a poster or something that explains all the manual work that goes into the photo (including preparing and developing the film) and demonstrate that they get a photo of exceptional (technical) quality (I am, however, uncertain how many people really care about that).

Of course, the main deterrent would be the price. How much would buying, developing and scanning each sheet of film cost? (My guesstimate: More than 10 €, assuming larger quantities?) The availability and price of a permit for this kind of commercial activity depends on the tourist site, of course. I guess customer management would not be too much of a hassle if people pay before they have their picture taken and if extra orders afterwards are handled by a (well-functioning) web site. I don't know how many customers would be interested in anything besides a digital file and some copies (not enlargements), but assuming that this would not be a sizable source of income, how much would I need to charge (say for a digital scan and a 4x5 copy)? Maybe 35 €? For how many people would the product justify the price?

As far as I can see, most work besides taking the picture can be handled quite effectively (given some time to improve stuff), but there is no way around loading sheets in film holders manually, is there? Say I manage to shoot 30 photos in a day, that means a lot of work. Is it doable? Is there a better alternative? Am I missing something else?

I'm in no way convinced about this idea but really curious what you think.