Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujifilm Fujinon 180mm W (marked on the lens barrel)

Re: Fujifilm Fujinon 180mm W (marked on the lens barrel)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My experience: The early version of the 180mm f/5.6 FUJINON-W (inside lettering) does indeed cover 8x10 but only really stopped down and so tight as to not allow for any lens movements when focused at infinity or a little bit closer. Ended up using it on my whole plate, too many 8x10 negatives ruined cause I didn't have the lens exactly centered on axis. Have been looking around for an 180mm Dagor, which from what I've read would allow a minimal amount of lens movements on the 8x10 format, but have yet to find one. 180mm Dagors seem to had been not all that popular back when.
    Greg, read this https://www.largeformatphotography.i...09-Lousy-Dagor before you buy a 180 Dagor for 8x10.

Re: Fujifilm Fujinon 180mm W (marked on the lens barrel)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    My experience: The early version of the 180mm f/5.6 FUJINON-W (inside lettering) does indeed cover 8x10 but only really stopped down and so tight as to not allow for any lens movements when focused at infinity or a little bit closer. Ended up using it on my whole plate, too many 8x10 negatives ruined cause I didn't have the lens exactly centered on axis. Have been looking around for an 180mm Dagor, which from what I've read would allow a minimal amount of lens movements on the 8x10 format, but have yet to find one. 180mm Dagors seem to had been not all that popular back when.
    Greg,

I have a 180mm f6.8 DAGOR, and all of the 8x10 sheets of film that I exposed with it vignetted in at least 2 corners (I might have used a little rise/fall). That includes focussing on a Sycamore tree about 8 feet from the camera as well as shooting the sunrise at infinity. And that includes when I stopped the lens down to f64.

I also had a Fuji FUJINON-W 180mm f5.6 lens with inside lettering that was supposed to cover 8x10 when stopped down to f32 or thereabouts, and it also vignetted in 2 corners of the negative.

My solution was to get a 190mm Kodak WIDE FIELD EKTAR f6.3 lens, which does cover 8x10 at f32, at least on the negatives that I have exposed.

Daniel