Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Failure of Vision

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Failure of Vision

I am posting in this thread as it is the most active at this moment

Oren if you must change location please make it a public location

104 viewers in this thread when I started this post

Many 'regulars' aka subscribers complain about the FS section, they complain this forum is not interesting anymore, they complain about me! LOL

They complain their stuff does not sell here and or for too little

All this negativity depreciates the forum, the FS section, the future of LFPF and the availability of products we buy. Like film and paper.

However we members are vastly outnumbered at all times by lurkers who are reading this forum and most likely trying to learn how to use Large Format. From us...

The data at this moment is, 111 members and 646 guests

Previsualize what our participation could be...
    Tin Can

Re: A Failure of Vision

Is it true that guests cannot see the FS groups? I've forgotten!

Randy, I'm going to move this to the "Feedback" subforum.

Jac - yes, FS/WTB are visible only to logged-in members.

Is that a public space?

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Randy, I'm going to move this to the "Feedback" subforum.

Jac - yes, FS/WTB are visible only to logged-in members.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Is that a public space?
    Yes, it is.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Tin Can

During the large format learning phase. A "google search" of any large format related question will invariably generate hit with a discussion thread from this website. That can range from how to fix a packard shutter to information on a antique lens. This is one of the only places to engage on topics of this nature. I don't know of a single person in my area the shoots large format and prints in a darkroom.

It can take years reading these threads and getting your ducks in a row to feel in a position to contribute value to the conversation. There are threads like Gali style and soft focus landscapes that are unique discussions. I was reading yesterday Emil Schmidt lenses and their personalities with great interest.

Buying and selling is part of the fun. I feel we would like to sell to within our community to members who use equipment. It is not a good feeling to see something sold with good intentions only to see it for resale elsewhere at an inflated value without every being used.

Anyways I find the forum amazing and gravitate to the sections that interest most.

Thank you to all of the regular posters - you reach many more of us than you know.

Matt Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSimmons View Post
    During the large format learning phase. A "google search" of any large format related question will invariably generate hit with a discussion thread from this website. That can range from how to fix a packard shutter to information on a antique lens. This is one of the only places to engage on topics of this nature. I don't know of a single person in my area the shoots large format and prints in a darkroom.

It can take years reading these threads and getting your ducks in a row to feel in a position to contribute value to the conversation. There are threads like Gali style and soft focus landscapes that are unique discussions. I was reading yesterday Emil Schmidt lenses and their personalities with great interest.

Buying and selling is part of the fun. I feel we would like to sell to within our community to members who use equipment. It is not a good feeling to see something sold with good intentions only to see it for resale elsewhere at an inflated value without every being used.

Anyways I find the forum amazing and gravitate to the sections that interest most.

Thank you to all of the regular posters - you reach many more of us than you know.
    +1!

If lookers can't be bothered to become members, I believe they should be blocked from particular threads, particularly FS/WTB.

They are and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    If lookers can't be bothered to become members, I believe they should be blocked from particular threads, particularly FS/WTB.
    Tin Can