I am pleased to announce that Orthochromatic ASA 25 dry plates -- J Lane Speed Plates -- are now available for sale through my online store at

https://www.pictoriographica.com/online-shop.html

Whereas my original ASA 2 plates gave a look reminiscent of the early 1880s, these new orthochromatic plates are formulated to provide the same results as dry plates of the late 1890s, after the discovery of spectral sensitizing dyes and advances in improving emulsion speed had been made. Coated with an ultra fine-grain, high contrast orthochromatic emulsion, the plates have respond from UV through the visible spectrum up to 610 nm. The high contrast is excellent for alternative process printing or for printing onto multigrade paper at grade 0. The long toe of the characteristic curve preserves shadow details for scanning. As with other primitive processes, the effective speed of the plate will vary depending on actual UV levels. The emulsion has been designed to meter at ASA 25 under early spring northward lighting at moderate latitudes, but expect actual speed to vary by up to a stop or more. Use a yellow filter (No. 2) and reduce speed by ~3 stops to take advantage of the orthochromatic response.

The original ASA 2 J Lane Dry Plates will, of course, still be available.

Regards,
Jason