Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking out over Phang-ng Bay Thailand

Looking out over Phang-ng Bay Thailand

Shot yesterday using my Chamonix 8x10 Kowa Graphic 360mm with a 10 stop ND. HP5+ Shot at f25 88 seconds. Developed in D76 for 7 minutes

Neil
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Re: Looking out over Phang-ng Bay Thailand

Very peaceful. It’s great!

Neil,

This one is really nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    Neil,

This one is really nice!
    Thanks a lot Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    Very peaceful. It’s great!
    This is my first try with any filter using my 8x10......... thanks for the feedback
    Neil

Les

Don't I see Koh Tao in the background ? :>) Nice one, Neil.

That was a ooopser, apparently you were on the other side of the peninsula....had to look.

Les
    Last edited by Leszek Vogt; 24-Apr-2019 at 00:23.

How deep is that water? I would want to compose that tree to the left bracketed by the background landscape features, perhaps with a longer lens (unusual for me but this would be to enlarge the background). Also perhaps consider a ~4x10 crop.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    How deep is that water? I would want to compose that tree to the left bracketed by the background landscape features, perhaps with a longer lens (unusual for me but this would be to enlarge the background). Also perhaps consider a ~4x10 crop.
    This location is facing due west so I think perfect for a color shot. I plan to go back there again and shoot it with my H6D100c and also try my luck with a sheet of 8x10Etkar. ........ only problem with that is maintaining 36 degrees while developing.
    Neil

I would not have thought holding 37.7ºC or 38ºC for 3'15" would be too great an issue for you Neil.

Surely there are ways you can get close to that temperature with perhaps a slightly higher starting temperature of around 38.3ºC and letting it drift down to around 37.5ºC by the end of the 3'15" colour process. Followed by a quick dip into a stop bath, whereby you can relax; then take your time with the rest of the process.

Everything I have seen from you has been super excellent, high fidelity of C41 starts with tight process control. Tight process control, should reward you with technically stunning colour, not pretty good colour.

Think of how perfect the electronic shift on your bicycle is, that is what is possible if you do tightly controlled processing with colour film development.

Not sure if you've done 8x10" C41, but, whatever you do, when it does come out perfect process wise; just repeat that exact same process from then on.

Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    I would not have thought holding 37.7ºC or 38ºC for 3'15" would be too great an issue for you Neil.

Surely there are ways you can get close to that temperature with perhaps a slightly higher starting temperature of around 38.3ºC and letting it drift down to around 37.5ºC by the end of the 3'15" colour process. Followed by a quick dip into a stop bath, whereby you can relax; then take your time with the rest of the process.

Everything I have seen from you has been super excellent, high fidelity of C41 starts with tight process control. Tight process control, should reward you with technically stunning colour, not pretty good colour.

Think of how perfect the electronic shift on your bicycle is, that is what is possible if you do tightly controlled processing with colour film development.

Not sure if you've done 8x10" C41, but, whatever you do, when it does come out perfect process wise; just repeat that exact same process from then on.

Mick.
    Mick
    14 minutes and 25 seconds developed in C41 at ambient temperature of 28 degrees

Neil