Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginning Wet Plate (part 1)

Re: Beginning Wet Plate (part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    I know I will end up doing wet plate and more. So, I have been following this guy, I hope it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWwPIgqn7E

Very interesting, thank you for sharing this.
    That guy’s incredible. It’s amazing not only see the technique and process but also the infrastructure that is needed to do this in the field, and it’s nuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    I like my Lund silver baths. Get the one with the dip paddle (plexi) built into the lid. It works very well and is a great idea, IMO.
    I also use Lund tanks but advise against the paddle for sizes larger than 5x7. It is difficult getting 8x10s and definitely 11x14s off the paddle with one hand as it tends to stick. The steel rods are great for the bigger plates. They are also less messy. I get a lot of dripping from the larger paddles.

I have a favor to ask. Could one of you fellows who has the John Coffer “Doer’s Guide” email a screenshot of pages 95 and 96 to me?

I’m attending the all-around wet plate workshop at his farm upstate NY this coming August 22-24, so I’m reading and re-reading his manual and watching the DVDs in preparation. However, those two pages right in the middle of the albumen print-making process were missing in the manual he sent. And since John has neither computer nor telephone, I’d need to write him a letter and request that he make the copies and mail them to me. I’ll do that if I need to, or just wait until I’m there this summer to fill in this two-page gap in my knowledge, but it’d be great if one of you fellows could just fill me in.

My email address is on my website or I can send it to you via PM. It’s illogical, but I feel a little bit funny about just posting it here.

Cheers,

Cameron Cornell
    Washington State
    www.analogportraiture.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Cornell View Post
    I have a favor to ask. Could one of you fellows who has the John Coffer “Doer’s Guide” email a screenshot of pages 95 and 96 to me?

I’m attending the all-around wet plate workshop at his farm upstate NY this coming August 22-24, so I’m reading and re-reading his manual and watching the DVDs in preparation. However, those two pages right in the middle of the albumen print-making process were missing in the manual he sent. And since John has neither computer nor telephone, I’d need to write him a letter and request that he make the copies and mail them to me. I’ll do that if I need to, or just wait until I’m there this summer to fill in this two-page gap in my knowledge, but it’d be great if one of you fellows could just fill me in.

My email address is on my website or I can send it to you via PM. It’s illogical, but I feel a little bit funny about just posting it here.

Cheers,

Cameron Cornell
    Washington State
    Got it! Thank you so much. That’s a great help.

Cameron Cornell
    Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    Very interesting, thank you for sharing this.
    That guy’s incredible. It’s amazing not only see the technique and process but also the infrastructure that is needed to do this in the field, and it’s nuts!!
    I was lucky to attend a five-day workshop with Borut Peterlin. I can say it was a wonderful experience - recommended.
    He is technically bulletproof, artistically very inspiring and most importantly a remarkable and friendly Person.
    Go for it: www.topshitphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    I know I will end up doing wet plate and more. So, I have been following this guy, I hope it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCWwPIgqn7E
    Pepe,
    It is OK to watch You Tube demos,but get John Coffer's book for the real low down on what and how to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Pepe,
    It is OK to watch You Tube demos,but get John Coffer's book for the real low down on what and how to do.
    I second that recommendation.