Thread: 20mm recessed lens board not fitting

20mm recessed lens board not fitting

I bought a 20mm recessed lens board (linhof) to use with a schneider 75mm copal 0.

Unfortunately, the lens board does not fit the camera by a hair. The back of the lens board touches the front of the camera and I'm unable to properly put it in place.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem? If so, is there a way to make it fit?

loujon

Re: 20mm recessed lens board not fitting

Yes I had that problem when I was using a Wista SP or my RF. The top back part of the recess would hit the top of the rear standard, it Just would not fit. As I recall there was enough metal on the corner of the rear recess that I could flat file (at an angle) enough of that part of the recess I could be made to fit. I'm not 100% sure as this has been at least 10 years ago or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    Yes I had that problem when I was using a Wista SP or my RF. The top back part of the recess would hit the top of the rear standard, it Just would not fit. As I recall there was enough metal on the corner of the rear recess that I could flat file (at an angle) enough of that part of the recess I could be made to fit. I'm not 100% sure as this has been at least 10 years ago or better.
    I'm not good at DIY in general. Do you mind if I asked you how you made it flat, did you just hit it with something?

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by rpagliari View Post
    I'm not good at DIY in general. Do you mind if I asked you how you made it flat, did you just hit it with something?
    Yeah sure and the answers a easy one. As I remember I used a couple small "flat" files and then repainted/touched up the bright spot in the aluminum where I filed it flat. I used something like this- https://www.grainger.com/product/13H...g!461779184394!

If you're using a Wista camera, I addressed this problem here:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...-Boards-to-fit

Kumar

You did not mention weekday camera you have.
    But i have a shen-hao hzx-ii or something. I had an original linhof recessed lens board and it did not quite fit.

I sold it and bought a different brand. I think the one i have now is nikkor branded so that may be hard to find. But keep looking, and buy something with a return allowed.