Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm curious about using same lenses with different camera makes... I'll explain

Re: I'm curious about using same lenses with different camera makes... I'll explain

I am enjoying reading the responses to my query. At this point I have come down on the side of having lenses for the Speed Graphic and another set of lenses for the Wista. For the Wista I have a Schneider Super Angulon 75, Fuji SWD 90, Rodenstock Sironar S 150, Rodenstock Imagon 200 and Fuji W 250. For the Speed Graphic I have small compact lenses... a Schneider Angulon 90, Graphex 135 and Rodenstock Geronar 210. That's it... for now!

Ed

Re: I'm curious about using same lenses with different camera makes... I'll explain

When I can, yes. Of course, Linhof Technika lensboards are tailor made for this. Just about every major camera manufacturer made reduction adaptors for these boards. They're small, making them easy to store in a backpack. Yet, they're strong enough that they can hold many lenses mounted in Copal or Compur 3 shutters.

Years and years ago, I began collecting reduction adaptor lensboards for the old MC lensboards. If one came up for auction, I jumped on it. They usually sold for reasonable prices, because no one wanted them. They were a bayonet style lensboard, in that one needed only to insert and twist to mount lenses. Very easy to use, and as it happens, to construct. The MC lensboards are circular and approximate the size of the Technika lensboards. I even have two of these MC reduction adapters for Linhof Technika cameras.

If I didn't have an MC adapter for this or that camera, I always had an MC adapter that was small enough to mount onto a given camera's lensboard. That included an Arca 6x9 110mm lensboard. These Arca lensboards are small enough, that there is really no Linhof Technika adapter option available.

I've had a wide variety of cameras, including Toyo, Sinar Norma or more recent Sinars, Deardorffs, Cambo 6x9, Arca, Wista SP, Linhof, etc. Yet with only one exception, my lenses have all been mounted on the same MC style lensboard that I used on all these cameras.

It's so convenient to have only one set of boards. The one exception is a huge 610mm Repro Claron that I purchased a few years ago. The only cameras on which I would use this lens both have a Sinar Norma front standard. (i.e. a Norma 5x7 and a Sinar P style 8x10.) So, it's mounted onto a Norma lensboard.

In the same sense, I have four different medium format cameras systems. That includes Mamiya RB67, Mamiya Universal, 6x9 Arca, and a couple of 4x5's. A set of Graflex 6x9 film holders that I've collected fits all these cameras. Also very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    ... That included an Arca 6x9 110mm lensboard. These Arca lensboards are small enough, that there is really no Linhof Technika adapter option available.
    Years ago I bought a lensboard adapter for Arca 6x9 110mm lens board to mount a Linhof Technika lens board. On Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    Years ago I bought a lensboard adapter for Arca 6x9 110mm lens board to mount a Linhof Technika lens board. On Ebay.
    I've seen that adapter. From visual inspection of photos, it appears that it extends up and above the top of the standard. This would inhibit the use of the lenshood.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    I've seen that adapter. From visual inspection of photos, it appears that it extends up and above the top of the standard. This would inhibit the use of the lenshood.
    Not if you use (as I do) a lens hood attached to the lens rim. There is always a solution to a problem.