Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: De Vere 810H - Lens questions among other questions...

Re: De Vere 810H - Lens questions among other questions...

DeVere made at least 4 horizontal enlargers. Would suggest you wait till you have it, and then see what lens board it takes. I suspect it may be like the one in post 69 which is what the 5108 takes. I have 3 spares of these since they will work with all the longer lenses.

So, did you pick up the enlarger? Which lens board does it take? Post some photos of it?

L

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    So, did you pick up the enlarger? Which lens board does it take? Post some photos of it?

L
    I Sure did! I had to rent a fork lift to have them load it into my truck it was so massive. Almost 600 lbs,.

I keep trying to upload an image to the thread showing the lens boards it came with, but for whatever reason i cant upload images...
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2374.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	189717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2375.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	189718

Okay, the photos seem to be attached... This is really confusing. Not sure why i can't embed the images in a traditional reply. I tried both Chrome and Safari.

THe board seems to be a 39mm. I picked up a minty Nikkor 135mm for 4x5 and waiting on the Rodagon 360mm for 8x10. I also found a metal smith in Mexico that specializes making these exact lens boards for this style of mount. Looking forward to seeing what he comes back with.

My next steps are securing a space to start building out the darkroom, wiring 220v outlet, and then buying my first soldering iron. eek!
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

If you get the manual, it'll say exactly what lens board you'll need. Greg is right, though. It certainly won't be those recessed boards.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Yup takes the inverted panel boards from post 17. It’s going to be cheaper buying them used than having them made. All the boards are readily available on the auction site. I’ll PM you when I get home on Monday.

ugh, So I received the lens board that I had made for my 90mm thread rodagon. But it seems it is for the 500 series enlarger since it's way too small... So now back to square 1.

Does anyone have ideas on where I can find a flat panel lens board that will fit the 810h? KH Photographic wants mega $$$ to machine a custom one. Honestly, it is borderline price gouging with how much they quoted me.

Anyways, thanks for the helps!
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    ugh, So I received the lens board that I had made for my 90mm thread rodagon. But it seems it is for the 500 series enlarger since it's way too small... So now back to square 1.

Does anyone have ideas on where I can find a flat panel lens board that will fit the 810h? KH Photographic wants mega $$$ to machine a custom one. Honestly, it is borderline price gouging with how much they quoted me.

Anyways, thanks for the helps!
    Maybe that is because how difficult to find! You do have a very high end enlarger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Maybe that is because how difficult to find! You do have a very high end enlarger.
    Well, it is also old. And the demand for these accessories is probably quite low. $600 for a machined piece of metal seems a bit outrageous. Perhaps also because I bought the 810H enlarger and a pristine 360mm Rodagon for almost that price combined.

I am hoping I can find something that will work, or try to retro fit a reducer on the mounts I currently have... any other ideas out there?
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    Well, it is also old. And the demand for these accessories is probably quite low. $600 for a machined piece of metal seems a bit outrageous. Perhaps also because I bought the 810H enlarger and a pristine 360mm Rodagon for almost that price combined.

I am hoping I can find something that will work, or try to retro fit a reducer on the mounts I currently have... any other ideas out there?
    If you have the specs for the board you can try a local machine shop. Might not be cheaper though as they will charge a set up fee plus material plus their costs for labor, etc..