Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: De Vere 810H - Lens questions among other questions...

Re: De Vere 810H - Lens questions among other questions...

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    I think they're for bolting on the lens mounting ring - the cheapest option is probably to get a custom lens flange made to take the 90mm lens mount & drilled to fit the extant holes in the mount ring.
    As long as that is the only lens to mount and it doesn’t need a recessed board

I may have a box of the bigger boards in the basement. My 810H used regular 504 boards. I bought a box of boards on Ebay, only to find out that they were much bigger than 504 boards. I'm not sure I still have them, but I'll take a look.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    As long as that is the only lens to mount and it doesn’t need a recessed board
    Anything longer than a 180 uses the flat board as far as I know - not the dished one.

I'd also slightly suspect the board of being either for the 360 or a 480 Rodagon-G - not that many other options at those focal lengths & Rodenstock lenses were offered directly by DeVere. The 360mm EL-Nikkor maybe, but might be a bit of a tight fit, even in that board! If anyone has a stock flange for the 360 Rodagon, what is its diameter & do the mounting holes match the photo?

She probably should place a WTB ad in case Peter can't find his!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    The camera must have had a very large lens, because the hole for that flange is 4.5 inches across. Definitely bigger than a Componon-S or Rodagon. Maybe a longer focal length EL-Nikkor.
    This flange was attached to a recessed mount, threaded for a 39mm lens. The 4 holes shown around the flange depict that I took apart the two pieces. Now my option is to reuse those 4 screw holes and essentially have a reducer machined to fit inside of this, then have it threaded for the 90mm Rodagon that I currently have.

Does this make sense?
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    I may have a box of the bigger boards in the basement. My 810H used regular 504 boards. I bought a box of boards on Ebay, only to find out that they were much bigger than 504 boards. I'm not sure I still have them, but I'll take a look.
    That would be awesome Peter! I just had a new one machined, for a 504 De Vere, with a 90mm thread. However, it is about 2 inches too small. If interested in it, and if you have the larger boards, I'd trade you!
    Ashlyn Posiak
    www.ajposiak.com

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    This flange was attached to a recessed mount, threaded for a 39mm lens. The 4 holes shown around the flange depict that I took apart the two pieces. Now my option is to reuse those 4 screw holes and essentially have a reducer machined to fit inside of this, then have it threaded for the 90mm Rodagon that I currently have.

Does this make sense?
    It's probably the best option, unless someone can find a board machined for M90x1 threads

Does this make sense?
    Why not re-thread the recessed mount you have to the 90 mm's threads, or better yet, get a lens that has 39 mm threads and sell yours? That would be the better (cheaper) option. The 39 mm thread should handle modern lenses from 50 mm to 135 mm. At least that's with Rodagons and Componon-s. That will get you from 35 mm to 4x5.

Then send what you have to SKG and have him make you another flange for your 360 unless Peter comes up with some!

Attachment 189717Attachment 189718

Okay, the photos seem to be attached... This is really confusing. Not sure why i can't embed the images in a traditional reply. I tried both Chrome and Safari.

THe board seems to be a 39mm. I picked up a minty Nikkor 135mm for 4x5 and waiting on the Rodagon 360mm for 8x10....
    Those recessed boards are so deep that they're useless IMHO. Do they need to be that deep to focus the enlarger? Hard to get your fingers in to change aperture on the lenses. If so, I'd get a different enlarger for smaller negatives and use this one for 4x5 thru 8x10. That's what most of us do, use two enlargers one for small negatives, and one for the large ones. Some Deveres like the 504 and the 5108 work well for a whole range of negative sizes. But I still have an LPL set up for 35 thru MF.
    Last edited by Luis-F-S; 5-May-2019 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Those recessed boards are so deep that they're useless IMHO. Do they need to be that deep to focus the enlarger? Hard to get your fingers in to change aperture on the lenses. If so, I'd get a different enlarger for smaller negatives and use this one for 4x5 thru 8x10. That's what most of us do, use two enlargers one for small negatives, and one for the large ones. Some Deveres like the 504 and the 5108 work well for a whole range of negative sizes.
    Those don't look any deeper than the 3" recessed cones for 50mm lenses on the 5108. Considerably less of a pain than the Durst LATUB - and the Durst aperture feeler accessory thing is restricted in lenses it'll work with.