New member here! I got back into shooting film about 2 years ago, using 35mm Nikons (F, F2, F3 and F5). A few weeks back I branched out into Medium format using a Mamiya 645 1000S but then stumbled on a nice RB67 Pro S which I fell in love with. I decided to return the Mamiya 645 stuff and ended up trading it in towards some Large format gear. I've ended up with an MPP Mk VIII and a Toyo 45G. I bought the MPP as it's rather more portable and the Toyo because of its larger range of movements. Both cameras have so-called "Normal" lenses of 150 and 165mm. I'm not sitting near them so I don't recall the makes and apertures. I also ended up with a nice, heavy-duty tripod for them, a Manfrotto 161Mk2B. I will probably replace its ball-head with a 3-way head at some point but the ball is quite solid with either camera mounted but it's fiddly to set up.

The Toyo is in beautiful shape, appearing nearly unused. The MPP is in nice operating shape but you can tell it wasn't a shelf queen. The rangefinder is generally useless as it has no cam plate and given that those were tuned to specific lens serial numbers, I'm unlikely to ever have a correct one. I was planning to ground-glass focus anyway, so no great loss. The MPP needs a little cleaning I think as some of its slides are a little tight and sticky but it's very smooth and precise. Both cameras have a short warranty period from the shop so I'll be shooting some frames pretty quickly to see how everything works and looks.

Expect a lot of dumb noob questions in the next couple weeks

Dave