In the movie THE BANG BANG CLUB the main photojournalist (Greg Maronivich) takes an image that has the South African police looking for him to testify. He leaves the area and photographs in other places in Africa. In doing so he is using a 4x5 Linhof Technika - I think it is a Technika III. Can anyone confirm that? It is about 45 1/2 minutes into the film. Lens is a 90mm f/8 Super Angulon. Light meter appears to be a Gossen Luna Pro.
He comes back when the image wins a Pulitzer.
In the movie Peter Turnley and James Natchwey are not part of the group though they were photographing Apartheid protests and demonstrations at the time.

Just information and seeing the Linhof - wondering which model it is.
Plenty of Leicas and Nikon/Nikkormats in the film as the Photojournalists are working.

A second Photojournalist in the film, Kevin Carter gets a Pulitzer for a starving child photo many will recognize - and it ended up destroying him.

I do notice the photo gear in movies as well as find myself looking at the wall art, specifically photography - in many movies. Surprised at how many have B&W images on the walls.

The movie is pretty good, interesting and intense. Based on reality and from what I have read stays pretty close to it with some license taken for cinematic purposes in the story.

I did do a search on the topic as I know I mentioned it before - but the search engine is not giving me any results.