Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You and your local Arts Council

Re: You and your local Arts Council

Thank you Greg. You bring up an important consideration with regard to sales and connections for local artists vs. outreach.

Apparently a previous organization that fell apart was troubled with this very question. Unfortunately it seemed to be an either/or situation. Personally I am envisioning an equal parts situation, because we need both locally. I am hoping to strike a balance.

Bruce, thanks, I am reading a lot of literature about the 501c3 process. Recently the IRS released a 1023 EZ form that I am hoping proves easier. That is this week's goal...
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

John Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Thank you Greg. You bring up an important consideration with regard to sales and connections for local artists vs. outreach.

Bruce, thanks, I am reading a lot of literature about the 501c3 process. Recently the IRS released a 1023 EZ form that I am hoping proves easier. That is this week's goal...
    As for 501c3, after a lot of misunderstandings our artist co-op finally figured out that we couldn't qualify as a 501c3 because our purpose was to provide a selling platform for artists. While we were a "nonprofit" we didn't have a significant role in education or charity. Unfortunately, this misunderstanding went on for several years with the Board failing to file appropriate tax returns. When I became treasurer the long-term error was really a horrifying realization for me. Study those rules carefully.

Thank you John, very helpful! I will investigate closely.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome