Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First attempt at large format photography

Re: First attempt at large format photography

If you get too much chemical inside your changing bag, you can use its arms for a big box. I used only a 150mm lens on 4x5 for many years -- very versitile focal length.

TMax is great, especially if you are going to have a lot of long exposures -- which I do, but otherwise, I like the much cheaper FP4+. Since I use a lot of 5x7 to 11x14, I tend to pick up any film I can (except TMax100 due to its UV blocker). But back in the day when I was only using 4x5 and printing silver gelatin, TMax 100 was my main film.

A 4x5, TMax100 (dev in HC110), taken in New Zealand a long time ago! (Truman Cove, 16x20 silver gelatin print)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Truman Cove, NZ_16x20.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
    One note: I haven't gotten over an urge to wrap a fat rubber band vertically around the SP-445, securing the lid on. Probably completely unnecessary, it just unnerves me a little that the rubber gasket is all that's holding the lid on.
    I started doing that but now just grab the tank from the top (grab the tank not the lid) when inverting.

Another SP-445 owner. Enjoy it immensely. And I 2nd wrapping that rubber band around. Probably not necessary but very comforting. Keep shooting.