Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOS light leak

Re: SOS light leak

And even then getting a neutrino to interact with mass, well better luck having a drink with god and being able to talk about to your friends.

agree with Richard, happened outside the holder.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Are the two frames that show this showing mirror images of the leak, like one is on the right and one is on the left? Just checking to be sure...

Also label your film holders permanently. I label mine at the left with a permanent marker and then take notes on which shot was taken with which film holder. For example 1A is film holder 1 side A. I track each frame to final filing in a sleeve that has the film holder used as part of the label also. That way when you get a leak you can go back to exactly which film holder is your suspect.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

May I ask what camera did you use? I recently had similar case (although the flare was a bit more disperse) and one of the experienced members of this forums correctly identified that some old wooden cameras have a very easy to open back, the springs are not so hard. So, when pulling out the dark slide, the holder separated just a little bit enough to let some light go through. In my case, the leak was at the bottom of the picture, that is, at the top of the film holder.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    May I ask what camera did you use? I recently had similar case (although the flare was a bit more disperse) and one of the experienced members of this forums correctly identified that some old wooden cameras have a very easy to open back, the springs are not so hard. So, when pulling out the dark slide, the holder separated just a little bit enough to let some light go through. In my case, the leak was at the bottom of the picture, that is, at the top of the film holder.
    Hi ! As I told in my first post the leaks are at the same place and as you can see go under the holder's flap and rail.
    So I beleive that camera has nothing to see here. I will try new box of film this Sunday.
    My camera is 8x10 Agfa Ansco with 4x5 and 5x7 backs. I did a lot of 4x5 T55 and 5x7 recently with this set up without problems.
    Best,
    Igor.