If this specific example of APO Nikkor has not been severely tested using film and in real life image making situations, there is NO assurance of what the image results could be. This endeavor will be a R&D adventure, could be OK, could be awful.

IMO, for any lens to be re-mounted into a shutter the image produce by the specific lens must be worthy. If not, there would be little if any justification for spending $z,ysa of U$D to install the lens cells into a shutter. Roll of the dice and not much more given this specific example has Fungus, then taken apart, "cleaned" and ...

Might be better to stop the bleeding of $ now, and try for another with a lens already supplied in shutter.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by swmcl View Post

Anyways, I'm here in my situation and I need to make a decision. S.K. Grimes has mounted these lenses into Copal #3 shutters in the past. So it isn't an R&D adventure.

I think I'll go ahead with the re-mount. At least it makes the lens more approachable for others even if I end up selling it at a loss. The amount it has already cost me to send it to Woonsocket for cleaning probably can't be recovered in a sale of a lens that has no shutter.

I'll send a pic of something far away to ya all ...