Quote Originally Posted by tonyowen View Post
QUOTE=Pere Casals;1483086] So, I should be able to get some 'exposure' on the paper negative BUT I'm getting absolutely nothing.
hmmm.... perhaps the synchronization is wrong. If you set the "M" position then the flash fires 20ms before the shutters opens. Use X position. M position was for antique gear needing to ignite the flash 20ms before exposure to allow the light source to reach peak power before the shutter openned, if not the the light was weak, but in M position a modern flash throws all its power sin (say) 1ms, then shutters delays its aperture 19 milliseconds, and then the shutter opens capturing darkness. So check you have set X position.

Also do this, use darkroom safe lights, always open. Close lights "white" lights in the darkroom, now you see with the safe light...

Open shutter like if you were focusing, fire manually the flash, close shutter, and open lights. In this way you don't relly in sinchronization, so you will have a diagnostic.

I guess you are used to make paper negatives without flash, if not ensure you get good exposures with contiunous light before. Compare the images taken with a DSLR with flash vs continuous to stablish flash exposure.

Tony, this is about making key tests to have a diagnostic about what happens...