Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

I desperately need to update my website…but have been dragging my feet as my photo editing software (PS-2…don’t laugh!) died four years back when my G-4 died. Cannot retrieve software…cannot fix G-4 - end of that story.

Meanwhile, I’ve been happy with my MacBook Pro, and seeing as this still has the CD/DVD slot - I’m wanting to actually purchase (instead of subscribing to) some CD/DVD based photo-editing software, and I see that Lightroom 6 is still available as a disc.

Anything else available as a disc that I might consider instead of LR-6? Again, my needs are not complicated - just want to edit/tweak stuff (pix, text, and possibly some video) for my website. Thanx!

Re: Need To Update Editing Software...Suggestions?

An older copy of Dreamweaver, perhaps?

Search ebay: Photoshop CS6 license , there are several choices, from $3 to $1000, some are pure piracy, some are OEM licenses that are more or less legal, and some are authentic licenses.

For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adobe-Photo...VQLT:rk:8:pf:0
    Read well what is says... "This key cannot be added to your Adobe Creative account as it was previously registered. Key will activate your copy during installation but key can not be redeemed by Adobe website."

IIRC, Corel PaintShop and GIMP won't work in a Mac without virtualization software. If you used CS2 then CS6 it's near the same for photography...

I would recommend taking a look at Photoshop Elements
    Steve Midgley

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    You would be far more ahead to look at https://www.pl32.com/ . Priced near elements, but with the full power os PS. I've been using it for years. Mac/PC and 32/64 bit. It takes many PS extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    +1. Elements can be purchased on the App Store if your MBP has a recent enough OS. It's sometimes on sale around $30-$50. It does pretty everything the older versions of full PS could do.

Seems some want a free ride...

I use a recent PS CC innovation ‘Camera Shake Reduction’ a tool for ancient film snapshots to use on websites. It’s not perfect. Yet...

Fixing artless heirlooms

Priceless
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Seems some want a free ride...

I use a recent PS CC innovation ‘Camera Shake Reduction’ a tool for ancient film snapshots to use on websites. It’s not perfect. Yet...

Fixing artless heirlooms

Priceless
    It's not a free ride when you spend the money and ultimately have nothing to show for it. Rental software is not a good model for consumers. All the software I have/use I have payed for / wrote myself.

Cars are often bought or leased, some bought cash Almost all become worthless over time.

I cannot build a modern car by myself, nor create editing software.

I think many here, as I do, believe everything we now 'own' including digital assets will disappear in a flash...or fade to black.

Dust to dust...

Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    It's not a free ride when you spend the money and ultimately have nothing to show for it. Rental software is not a good model for consumers. All the software I have/use I have payed for / wrote myself.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by mrred View Post
    I don’t think you understand how Lightroom Classic CC works. When you quit paying the month to month (or annual fee) only several things quit working. The Map Module no longer works, because Adobe licenses the map from Google. Why should Adobe continue to pay for the map when you quit paying? Sounds like something for free to me.

The Import Module no longer works. You can’t use the tools to develop (process) images because you quit paying. Why should you get something for free?

The Develop Module quits working. You can no long use tools to develop photos. You quit paying for the tools.

All of the photos you have processed (developed) can be used. You can export them, you can print them, you can make books using the Book Module. You have paid for tools to process images and you have access to the photos that you paid to process. This is fair.

So, you have access to you images and can use them as you see fit. You just can’t use tools you're no longer paying for.