Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got the Epson R2400!!!

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Chris Jordan just got a new printer. I just got a R2400 K3 printer for the school, after waiting FOREVER! My name's also Chris Jordan, but that's another story. The R2400's a lot smaller, but uses pretty much the same K3 technology as its bigger brother, if I understand correctly. I just ran some black and whites and was particularly impressed with the neutrality of the prints. I would agree that they look absolutely super, very rich deep tones. I don't think it will lure me away from the darkroom, but I'd have to say that the digital has certainly arrived on the B&W front in a no-compromise way, if you like the look. I'm also a big fan of matte papers and have been running the matte black so far. I'll probably test the luster and glossy soon with the PK. I sure do wish they engineered the head to hold both cartridges, but that would save too much ink, I guess.

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Do you mind if we call you Bruce? It'll make things easier. ;-)

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Bruce Fraser?

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Uh oh, okay then I'll go back to being "chris jordan (Seattle)" again. There is another Chris Jordan on this forum also, who goes by "Chris Jordan (Boston)", but he hasn't been around lately so I dropped the "Seattle" from my name. Are you that Chris Jordan, or are you a third CJ?

~chris jordan (Seattle)

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Sorry, old Monty Python skit. :-)

Got the Epson R2400!!!

I'm Brian, and so's my wife.

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Yep, I'm the former Chris (Boston). I stopped visiting the forum while suffering from graduate school. I'm back now and newly designated Chris (Troy), living in Troy NY. I also go by CJ as my middle initial is James.

Christopher James Jordan. As many of you probably know, there's an alternative process guy named Christopher James. There's also a landscape photographer named Steve Jordan about an hour away from me...so I get lot's of the "...aren't you the guy who..." No, let me kindly explain...

Chris, I received a few email congratulations for your show at Yossi Milo, one from my Boss! Eh eh. That took some explaining. But all kidding aside, that’s an important achievement, Chris. Congrats.

I keep happily plodding away at my landscapes and digital collages. My cyber identity lives at www.jordanphoto.com.

Any more thoughts on the Epson?

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Just purchased one of those R2400 printers, too. My plan is to use it for digital negatives. But, like all multipurpose tools, I made a few B & W prints with it. Oh my.

I purchased the Quad Tone RIP software to take care of the printing chores and using standard curves and paper I was amazed at how well these prints look. I must now really concentrate on making digitial negatives or else I may fall completely off the wet processing bandwagon.

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Got the Epson R2400!!!

I'm considering having my name legally changed to Chris Jordan. Any thoughts?
    Brian Vuillemenot

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

Got the Epson R2400!!!

Couldn't one you Chris Jordan's be a really good looking young lady who is really into LF? But congrats on the new printers nonetheless to you both.