Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikkor W150mm f5.6-recently purchased - loose mounting

Re: Nikkor W150mm f5.6-recently purchased - loose mounting

Hi All,

I am overwhelmed by your responses-thanks again to all. Bit of history about my photography journey...I am a hobbyist and started shooting first with Nikon F65 film dslr in the year 2000 if I recall correctly. Then bought Olympus 4/3 rd 10MP DSLR in 2007 and used it for few years before switching to Nikon D610. Despite shooting digital for a while, I have been drawn more towards my old 35mm film pictures (I don't know why). I am really looking forward to my first 4x5 picture, However I don't have a camera yet and hoping to have one soon..I'll keep you posted..

Quote Originally Posted by E.Ram View Post
    I have been drawn more towards my old 35mm film pictures (I don't know why).
    You are not alone, Eon Productions switched to digital cameras for 007 Skyfall(2012) but they were drawn to film capture for Spectre (2015 film). Right now Star Wars Episode IX (2019) is being shot on film, as mainly it was last Jurasic World Fallen Kingdom (2018), or Mission Impossible 6: Fallout (2018).

When you spot a 4x5 camera just ask here and you'll get good advice from many, say your aprox budget, usage you plan and what camera are you considering...

Sure will do..

Quote Originally Posted by E.Ram View Post
    Hi All,

I am overwhelmed by your responses-thanks again to all. Bit of history about my photography journey...I am a hobbyist and started shooting first with Nikon F65 film dslr in the year 2000 if I recall correctly. Then bought Olympus 4/3 rd 10MP DSLR in 2007 and used it for few years before switching to Nikon D610. Despite shooting digital for a while, I have been drawn more towards my old 35mm film pictures (I don't know why). I am really looking forward to my first 4x5 picture, However I don't have a camera yet and hoping to have one soon..I'll keep you posted..
    I started out in the 60's with an Argus C3, and developed my skills, shooting professionally, and now back to my hobby roots. I've started shooting 4x5 again, and getting ready to add another lens.

The digital and film worlds are two completely different art forms. Grain is not pixels, and vice versa. Where I really got fired up, though, was when I started to scan my 35mm, medium format, and 4x5 negatives and transparencies. It created a virtual 3rd world of art. My transparencies of medium and large formats were printed using internegs. While they performed a valuable method of getting film to paper, I never quite got the image I'd envisioned. Too much contrast, for the most part, and the lab folks and I never saw eye-to-eye.

Enter the scanner. I created TIFF's and went to work. Suddenly, I got images which I'd envisioned, but never achieved. Now my walls are adorned with images that fit my original vision. Now, I still shoot 4x5, and it has opened up a new view, quite literally.

Good luck in your search and efforts.
    Best,
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by pendennis View Post
    I started out in the 60's with an Argus C3, and developed my skills, shooting professionally, and now back to my hobby roots. I've started shooting 4x5 again, and getting ready to add another lens.

The digital and film worlds are two completely different art forms. Grain is not pixels, and vice versa. Where I really got fired up, though, was when I started to scan my 35mm, medium format, and 4x5 negatives and transparencies. It created a virtual 3rd world of art. My transparencies of medium and large formats were printed using internegs. While they performed a valuable method of getting film to paper, I never quite got the image I'd envisioned. Too much contrast, for the most part, and the lab folks and I never saw eye-to-eye.

Enter the scanner. I created TIFF's and went to work. Suddenly, I got images which I'd envisioned, but never achieved. Now my walls are adorned with images that fit my original vision. Now, I still shoot 4x5, and it has opened up a new view, quite literally.

Good luck in your search and efforts.
    Thanks Dennis for sharing your experience. With film photography, now I have learnt that I don't simply point & shoot when I see an image. This is helping me even when I use my digital camera that I need to slowdown and I am still learning....