Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Inkjet and Hunington Witherill

Inkjet and Hunington Witherill

the B&W shot you put down was designed to be flat to match a similar shot that was done approx 60 years prior of the brides grandparents and watercolored

Yeah sure.......

Funny that it does not matter what I say but you keep explaining your pictures.

I have pictures on a site, just not mine.......you can look them up at the BTZS web site. The difference is I did not have to go look what I had and maybe posted it later while I talked in this site like I knew what I was talking about.

Thanks Jorge, more presumptions.

With your vast amount of experience in commercial print sales of 6 on ebay, I will give your critique all the attention it deserves.....trust me on this one!

I'll let you critisize whomever you choose....I'm of to work with some pleasant, experienced photographers. This thread can remain as yet another link to provide to those who really want to see what you're about. Hey, it could even show up at a pt/pd conference. I believe you offered Darr a nice welcome at the border. I can happily provide you the same!

Bye.

"What someone in Mexico who makes brown snapshots of historical sites thinks, is really of little importance"

Both of you guys make me ill sometimes on these threads, but Dave this staement is out of line. There are a couple of masterful images of Jorges on that BTZS site.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I would like to suggest that people refrain from using incendiary words such as "liars" on the forum, either suggesting that others are liars or that they've been called a liar. Such language is value subractive all the way 'round.

This forum depends on people treating each other with respect and professionalism. This occurs 99% of the time. But every once and a while, we experience unfortunate exceptions.

There's never a problem disagreeing with someone elses point of view on this forum. But, please do so in a respectful way. Using language like "liar" only distracts people from the point that's being made.

I'm of to work with some pleasant, experienced photographers

Ah, so you are an assitant too....pay attention, hopefully you will learn something.

Once again you seem unable to read, it was to Quinn and that was after his insulting assumption. But knock yourself out, I will gladly see you in Toronto next year and embarrass you in front of your clients once they see the difference between your fake shows and mine.

Thanks for the compliment Kirk! means a lot comming from you, even if you have turned to the dark side... :-)

Thanks Kirk. I presume someone calling your work "crap" however, is not out of line. Or maybe his calling someone a liar is also not out of line. Kirk, you give this fellow more latitude than deserving. But I guess if calling someone a liar and saying his work (undeservedly so) is crap fits within your book as acceptable behaviour, than I will simply write you off as well.

I just want to know exactly where I'm wrong here. I haven't insulted Jorge at all. I simply said that to my work of prints sales, his opinion does not matter to me. He does have a way of twisting things around though. Apparently that I work with other photographers as well on joint assignments somehow makes me an assistant and not a photographer. Oh well, it has become painfully obvious that there is nothing to be gained here as long as Jorge continues his personal attacks.

I'm off to work with people locally that would never spouts attacks or condone them.

Goodbye.

Mister Kinder and Gentler said, "I would like to suggest that people refrain from using incendiary words such as "liars" on the forum,"

Will your mannors police beat include those who say the same without using The Word so that the outcome is the same regardless? Look, accusing someone of falsifying evidence is name- calling - sophisticated namecalling (barely) but the same thing. Giving it the plain name is an honest thing to do.

May I get you some earplugs while I'm up?

You apparently dont know how to read or lack reading comprehension in your own language. I said the lines you drew were misleading, not that you had purposely made lines in such a way to try to deceive me or people here., there is a difference but I guess the difference is too subtle for you.

Dave my point is that the wrok is clearly more than brown snapshots and to say so is meant purley to inflame.

Having said that I have no opinion as to which one of you (Jorge or Dave) in an overall sense is right or wrong. Who has the patience or interest to follow you guys interchanges to find out? I do, as you know usually agrree with your points about digital output, but what is the point of the endless back and forth cat fighting that you guys do hijacking threads? It frankly lacks dignity and gets nowhere. Now I have been guilty of this at times too as you know on a few occasions, but you guys are making a career out of it.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I looked at Mr. Witherell's photos and would like to see both the B&W and color work in person - it's really difficult to make a fully informed judgement from small photos on a web site. The tactile qualities of artwork doesn't translate through an Internet presentation.

The inkjet process and traditional photo techniques are two different aesthetics. Neither is better (for me) - just different. I like the look of ink on paper, and I also like the aesthetic of traditional methods - it just depends upon the image and the artistic intent. In the end, as a photographer, you have to do, what in your judgement, is best for the image.