Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like Adox CHS 100 II sheet film is back...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Re: Looks like Adox CHS 100 II sheet film is back...

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Mark, the 35 euro shipping was for a box of 14x17. The Fotoimpex website says "We charge shipping costs for deliveries to foreign countries on the basis of the order value (gross product value)", so perhaps it's reasonable to hope that it wouldn't be prohibitive for a small, relatively inexpensive box of film - or for a few boxes. Why not ask them specifically about 3.25x4.25?
    I tried ordering a box of quarter-plate and that's the shipping they charged me at check-out. Maybe it's just not practical to make small orders.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I tried ordering a box of quarter-plate and that's the shipping they charged me at check-out.

Well, the older version obviously didn’t or they wouldn’t have made a point of saying it wasn’t recommended with PMK due to it causing emulsion to peel off the base in some instances.

As yet, unless I’m missing something, Fotoimex don’t give any times for PMK as yet. Will order a box regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    All films work with pyro..some better than others....

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    Well, the older version obviously didn’t or they wouldn’t have made a point of saying it wasn’t recommended with PMK due to it causing emulsion to peel off the base in some instances.

As yet, unless I’m missing something, Fotoimex don’t give any times for PMK as yet. Will order a box regardless...
    That was with the 135/120 version which has anti-halation protection on both sides of the film base, the sheet film only needs it on the back side with the anti-curl layer - it's all there on the data sheet. You should be fine with PMK on the sheet film version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I tried ordering a box of quarter-plate and that's the shipping they charged me at check-out. Maybe it's just not practical to make small orders.
    Yeah, 35euro seems to be their standard shipping charge to the U.S. On the bright side, it doesn't go up with a larger quantity of film.

For smaller film might be best to wait for freestyle or bh...

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

That has been my buying experience also. That is why, last time I ordered from them, I loaded up the truck ^^^ See my photo above. Shipping wasn't much over 35 Euros and the overall cost per box was much lower. And I got some things I couldn't get anywhere else at the time.

6.5x9cm and 2.25"x3.25" sheet films are hard to source in the USA. Choices are very limited.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Ah, awesome. Thanks. I must have missed that part in the document specs. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    That was with the 135/120 version which has anti-halation protection on both sides of the film base, the sheet film only needs it on the back side with the anti-curl layer - it's all there on the data sheet. You should be fine with PMK on the sheet film version.

Last time around the Freestyle prices were ridiculous. I'm still shooting some 8x20 from the first production run (and I still have an unopened box of 7x17.) It's a great film. I always just ordered in online from Fotoimpex. Even with shipping it was cheaper than Freestyle. The greatest factor in the savings the first time around was the price break for ordering multiple boxes. I haven't run the numbers yet for this second production run, but I fully intend to place an order.
    Last edited by karl french; 24-Dec-2018 at 12:14.

Possible to make up a LARGE group order to reduce shipping cost?

Curious about this Adox sheet film. During the 1970's Adox had one of the best B&W films, wonder if their current offering is similar or ?

Bernice

Does anyone know what the characteristic curve looks like? Wondering what the toe and shoulder looks like compared to FP4+, a tough film to compete with.